National Renewable Energy Centre
Chief Executive: Andrew Jamieson
Turnover: £17.5 million
Number of staff: 124
What is the ORE Catapult?
ORE Catapult is an independent, not-for-profit business that exists to accelerate the development of offshore wind, wave and tidal technologies.
Our team of over 120 people has extensive technical and research capabilities, industry knowledge and track record.
Through world-class testing and research programmes, we work for industry, academia and government to improve technology reliability and enhance knowledge, commercialising and reducing the cost of generating offshore renewable energy.
We play an important role in supporting delivery of the government’s policy objectives and in attracting and anchoring internationally mobile investment to the UK and generating UK economic benefit.
What do we do?
Focused on driving innovation and collaboration we deliver:
- Core research – Delivering applied research projects
- Joint industry programmes – Convening industry to create knowledge and know-how
- Test & demonstration – Managing and operating testing and R&D infrastructure
- Bespoke services – Providing a value-added service
- Innovation challenges – Providing knowledge and support to SMEs