Campden BRI provides practical scientific, technical, legislative and information support to the food, drink (including brewing and alcoholic drinks) and allied industries. We are membership based and work closely with our members to ensure the practical application of technical excellence.
Our services include research and innovation, analysis and testing, operational support and knowledge management which can be tailored to meet specific client needs. The business is accredited to ISO 9001 and has a broad scope of accreditation to ISO 17025. We also develop and publish leading industry guidance on best practice and legislation and offer an extremely wide range of standard and customised training for the food, drink and allied industries. Our areas of expertise cover:
- Manufacturing technologies – food processing (heating, chilling, freezing), novel technologies, microwave heating, malting, brewing, milling, baking, process control and instrumentation, packaging
- Safety assurance – including hygiene and sanitation, microbiology and preservation, processing technologies, analysis and testing (microbiological, chemical, physical), quality and safety management, HACCP and TACCP
- Product development and quality, consumer studies, product benchmarking, sensory science, shelf-life evaluation, labelling and legislation
- Agri-food production, ingredients, raw materials, raw material technology and authenticity testing
- Campden BRI has sites at Chipping Campden, Gloucestershire (Head Office), Nutfield (Surrey) and Leamington Spa (Warwickshire) in the UK, and a subsidiary company based in Budapest, Hungary.
Director-General: Professor Steven Walker
Director of Finance and Company Secretary: Chris Allen
Turnover: £22 million
Number of staff: 380