Wednesday 9 June 2016 – 17.00-20.00, University of Surrey, Guildford
The South East Physics Network’s (SEPnet) Graduate Network (GRADnet) is organising its 5th networking evening to facilitate greater collaboration and links between industry and physics postgraduate research students (PGRs) and researchers. We anticipate approximately 60 industry representatives, physics PhD students and academics attending this event.
Who should attend
- SEPnet PGR students who want to meet small and medium sized enterprises (SMEs) and employers from physics-related industries to find out about career opportunities, make contacts and explore research and business ideas.
- SEPnet partner researchers who want to build links with industry to explore how their research can create impact.
- SMEs, businesses and employers in physics-related industries interested in recruiting physics graduates.
During the evening
- Hear from panellists David Banks, InSync Technology; Oliver Dewhurst, QinetiQ; Iain Duncan, Mousetrap Innovation; Kathryn Graham, Surrey Satellite Technology and Peter Lancaster, University of Surrey talk about the benefits of knowledge exchange and what physics postgraduates and postdocs can offer industry
- Participate in a speed networking session
- Build ongoing relationships between industry and researchers through placements, mentoring or research collaboration
- Refreshments will be provided.
How to register
This event is FREE to attend. Places are limited so please book early by clicking on the following link: http://bit.ly/1R9GsmA. (PGR students are requested to attend a networking workshop at 16.00).
If you would like to bring a banner for display let us know and we will reserve you a space.
For enquiries, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
THIS EVENT IS SUPPORTED BY THE INSTITUTE OF PHYSICS